The Hottest News on Your Laptop

247NEWSMARK.blogspot.com

As Long as It Is Trending, We Got It!!!

The '247NEWSMARK App' Coming Soon

News That You NEVER Knew Was Made!!!

'LIKE' Us On FaceBook

No Matter Where You Are, We've Got YOU Covered

News Fast, Anytime, Anywhere

Try Out Our Mobile Site

m.247newsmark.blogspot.com

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now!

Showing posts with label update on chibok girls. Show all posts
Showing posts with label update on chibok girls. Show all posts

Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Four Chibok Girls Released By Boko Haram

Four out of the over 200 schoolgirls abducted from Government Girls’ Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State,  have been released by the Boko Haram.

The Chairman, Chibok Local government Council, Mr. Bana Lawan, said on Wednesday that the girls fell ill and were released by their captors.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Lawan gave the information in Abuja at a one-day stakeholders’ meeting for validation of draft humanitarian response plan for the abducted girls.
The meeting was organised by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
He said the girls were released on Tuesday to bring the number of those that had regained their freedom to 57.
Lawan commended Nigerians for showing concern and support for Chibok people, saying the support had restored the hope and aspiration of the people for the return of peace to the community.
He also praised the Federal Government’s prompt intervention through the provision of relief items for the people.
He urged the government to resuscitate the facilities destroyed by the insurgents and improve security in the affected school to boost the morale of the students.
Lawan explained that boys were encouraged to attend GGSS in Chibok because of the lack of education facilities in the area and appealed for the construction of boys’ hostels in the school.
He said the construction of the hostels would reduce the hardship faced by the students, who attended school from afar.
Dear Readers, do you think Boko Haram has a soft spot to have released the girls who were sick and by that action are willingly to have a Peaceful negiotiation with the Federal Government?

Thursday, 22 May 2014

"Kidnapping Of Early 300 Girls A Tragic Reminder" -Michelle Obama On Girls Education

WASHINGTON (AP) — Michelle Obama says the kidnapping of nearly 300 girls in Nigeria last month is a "tragic reminder" of what happens to girls around the world.
The first lady met Thursday at the White House with more than a dozen leaders to discuss furthering education for girls in the U.S. and abroad.
Mrs. Obama said the discussion "couldn't be happening at a more perfect time" and that they need to "seize the moment to really push" for educating girls, especially adolescents.
The first lady often avoids controversial topics but continues to build on her commitment to education, especially for military families and low-income students.
She has supported arts education, specialized training for teachers of military families, healthier meals in schools and post-high school education or training.

Culled

#Bringbackourgirls: 80 US Air Forces personnel deployed to Chad- US Millitary.

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — A U.S. military spokesman says that the 80 personnel deployed to Chad to help find nearly 300 kidnapped Nigerian school girls are from the Air Force and have already begun their mission.
Chuck Prichard, a spokesman at the U.S. military's Africa command in Germany, said Thursday that the 80 Air Force personnel were previously stationed in the United States, though he did not disclose where in the U.S.
President Barack Obama told Congress in a letter Wednesday about the deployment. Obama said the service members will help with intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft for missions over northern Nigeria and the nearby region.
The missing girls and young women, all from a school in northern Nigeria, were kidnapped last month by the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram.

Culled

"I repeat it for the second time, Jonathan will be the last president of the name Nigeria”-Dr Kalu

Orji Uzor Kalu is the chairman of SLOK Holding and the Daily Sun and New Telegraph newspapers in Nigeria, who served as the governor of Abia State, Nigeria from May 29, 1999, to May 29, 2007.
Speaking to newsmen at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.
Dr. Kalu urged Nigerians to work together to ensure a stabilized internal security system in the country.
He said”Well, when I was travelling precisely on the 26 of April. I left this airport and I spoke to the airport correspondents and I said there was a need to collaborate with international organisations.
You see, this issue is not about President Goodluck Jonathan. If we don’t take time and work together as Nigerians, Jonathan might be the last Nigerian President.
Jonathan might be the Gorbachev of Nigeria. And that is the truth, so we better wake up.
Political class, business class, military, civilians must now stand up to work for our internal security.
Internal security is more important than anything we have done and I believe that once we are able to come together Nigeria will be alright.
As of now the country is in pains; the country is in problem and some people are taking it very lightly.
We are suffering from pains of our people; we are suffering from pains of the Nigerian system. This is not about which part of the country you come from, it is about Nigeria.
Nigerian people should take what is happening seriously and I am surprised that the political class and the private sector are still joking with this matter.
This is a serious matter. Anybody’s child can be kidnapped; whether it is at Chibok or any other place, Nigerian should take this matter seriously. Can you imagine how many Nigerians that have been killed; how many of us that have been wounded. I want people to be as wise as my grandmother. I want people to take this matter seriously.
Those girls kidnapped are our sisters; they are our daughters. It is because none of us has lost anybody that is why to some people; it is looking like a joke. We should stop taking this as a joke and take the matter very seriously in order to move forward”
“We should not lose what we have. We should be able to come together as one family and fight because if we don’t take time; I repeat it for the second time, Jonathan will be the last president of the name Nigeria” he added.
Commenting on whether the Federal Government should negotiate with members of Boko Haram on the release of the Chibok girls, Dr. Kalu said that it was necessary stressing that the lives of the girls were greater than any other consideration.
According to him, “Government can negotiate formerly or informally. It can send agents to negotiate on its behalf without getting involved. The US does this in Afghanistan and other places. It can negotiate formerly or informally”
He however called for a healthy opposition amongst political parties in the country noting that it was good for the growth of democracy in the country.
“It is good for every government to have a good, healthy opposition. People say APC is saboteurs party, I don’t agree with that. In a healthy democracy, there is supposed to be criticism. I want my party the PDP to stand up. It is only in viable opposition that leaders will stand up. Leaders will be sleeping when there is no opposition” Dr. Kalu affirmed.

Culled

Tuesday, 20 May 2014

#bringbackourgirls: Ebonyi Youths Invokes Divine Forces To Assist In The Rescue.

The Youths from Ebonyi State has indicated its wiliness to assist in rescuing abducted the Chibok girls.
The group, the aegis of Ebonyi Volunteers which recently ended a prayer and fasting session on the isssue, said they are ready to provide whatever necessary assistance is required to tackle the security situation.
The Leader, Mr. Sunday Ogodo Ogbodo, in a press conference in the state capital Abakaliki, said as volunteers who have no formal training on security, they had through the fasting and prayers invoked divine forces that could guide them.
He said the major problem in the efforts to tackle the security challenges in Nigeria is that some security personnel were leaking information to the Boko Haram sect.
 “There is no doubt that these boys would have been long crushed, but for the assistance they get from some security personnel. The abduction of our fellow youths, more so, girls, must be fought from all fronts”, he said.
It will be recall that  on the night of 14–15 April 2014, approximately 276 female students were kidnapped from the Government Secondary School in the town of Chibok in Borno State, Nigeria. The kidnappings were claimed by Boko Haram, an Islamic Jihadist and Takfiri terrorist organization based in northeast Nigeria.